How to Block the YouTube App on Android
Want to start limiting your access to YouTube and start taking back control of your time? BlockSite makes it easy for you to stop watching videos endlessly.
- To start, download BlockSite to your mobile device
- Then, click on the BlockSite app on your mobile device and open the app
- Click on the green + icon to add an app to your Block list
- Search for an app by entering the apps name in the search bar or choose from the app suggestions
- Select YouTube by clicking the green + or enter YouTube in the search bar and then to confirm, click the green ✅ at the top right of the screen
- Once the app has been added successfully, BlockSite will let you know
- Once you click ‘Done’ the YouTube app will be blocked on your device
How to Block YouTube on Your Computer (Mac + Windows)
- To start, click on the BlockSite icon at the top right hand side of your browser bar
- Open BlockSite settings and select the ‘Block Sites’ option from the menu
- To block YouTube, enter www.youtube.com into the web address bar. You can also choose if you wish to block these sites permanently or by schedule.
- Once you have typed the web address, click enter on click on the green + icon to add YouTube to your block list.
How to Block YouTube on Chrome (Mac and Windows) Desktop via the Favicon
- Once you have installed the BlockSite extension on your browser, to block websites via the Favicon, click the icon found in the top right corner next to the URL bar. For your convenience in locating the icon, in the image below we have circled it.
- This will open up the pop up, where you can click ‘Block this Site’ to add YouTube to your block list.
- Once you have added the site to your block list, you will be immediately redirected to one of BlockSite’s redirect pages, or to a site you have chosen to be redirected to, making sure you stay in check!
BlockSite enables users to be free from distractions to improve their productivity, overcome online addictions and focus on their studies – to name but a few benefits that downloading the extension provides.
With BlockSite, you can also sync your blocked websites with your mobile device on Android making it easy for you to stay focused even while on the go. The BlockSite app is available on both Android and iOS and the features offered, some of which are free and others premium – including Work Mode, Scheduling, Site Redirect, and the Adult Content blocker, make sure that every user can take total control of their time and make productivity their priority.
For only a few dollars a month, investing in BlockSite Premium is undoubtedly the best investment you’ll make in helping you achieve your goals and pushing you to become the best version of yourself.
So many of us are losing valuable hours of productivity and focus to digital distractions, it’s now time to reclaim those hours and fill them with things that really matter. Download BlockSite today and start taking back control of your time.